An adaptable recipe that can be enjoyed in many ways!!
- 120g roasted hazelnut powder
- 1/2 cup / 40g raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup / 50ml melted coconut oil
- 12 medjool dates – pitted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 16 whole hazelnuts
- 1 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Plus – raw chocolate recipe below
Blend all (apart from whole hazelnuts/ chopped hazelnuts/ raw chocolate) the ingredients in a food processor until the dates have completely broken down.
Make the raw chocolate and put to the side (keep over the hot water of the bain marie if the room temperature is cool)
Use a spoon to scoop out a ball size portion, pop a whole hazelnut in the middle and roll the mixture around the hazelnut between the palms of the hands, pressing the mixture together so it sticks and forms a ball
Roll the ball into chopped roasted hazelnuts then use a cocktail stick or similar to dip into the raw chocolate
Place onto a chopping board lined with parchment paper
Once all the mixture has been used up and you have a board full of delicious chocolate treats pop into the fridge for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
You can also freeze and eat from either the fridge or freezer – depending on how hard / soft you want the hazelnut and date middle
1) Leave as balls and enjoy as energy balls – freeze for best results.
2) Or flatten into a cookie – either bake at 180 fan for 12-15 minutes or enjoy raw.
3) If making raw cookie you can press the middle of the cookie inwards and fill with raw chocolate too and top with hazelnuts.
- 100g raw cacao butter – shaved or chopped into small pieces
- 50g / 1/2 a cup raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbs maple syrup
Melt the raw cacao butter over a bain marie or on a very low heat on the hob, stirring consistently until the cacao butter has melted
Add the maple syrup, stir well
Add in the raw cacao powder, salt and vanilla and mix well until the raw cacao powder has fully dissolved and you have a beautiful smooth and velvety chocolate texture
Carefully pour into moulds and pop into the fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes.